International Development Manager. Storyteller. Speaker.
My belief that everyone has a story worth sharing is what drives me to help people embrace their voice and use it for good.
Community & Development Manager
These Numbers Have Faces, Portland, OR, 2014–2017 www.thesenumbers.org
Led student-donor engagement and program development for an international education nonprofit working with university scholars and young entrepreneurs from Rwanda, Burundi and DR Congo.
- Managed a student sponsorship program called “Impact Circles,” facilitating one-on-one relationships between scholars and donors.
- Wrote daily communications for social media, newsletters, blogs and print publications.
- Co-led four donor trips to Rwanda with a focus on Women’s Empowerment and storytelling to connect scholars with donors.
- Managed the Internship Program where top Rwandan scholars travel to the U.S. for professional internships.
- Worked with refugees, both in refugee camps in Rwanda, and refugee resettlement in the U.S.
The Oregonian/Oregonlive.com, 2013–2014
Wrote daily features articles for Oregon’s widest circulated newspaper.
- Community-focused articles on people and events in Washington County, from Academy Award nominees, to Catholic nuns in a rural Oregon town.
- Developed several five-part series including “The Portland Rose Festival,” “A Walk in Their Shoes,” and “Tattoo Stories.”
Josiah Venture, Czech Republic, 2012
Co-leader of Christian-based English Camps for youth.
- Organized and managed three camps for more than 100+ high school and college students across the Czech Republic.
- Since 2012, I’ve returned yearly to continue leadership skill-building and youth mentorship.
Bachelor of Arts | Journalism | 2012
Highest Distinction, Indiana University, Bloomington
Fundraising & Donor Relations
Writing & Editing
Public Speaking | Toastmasters International
Social Media Storytelling & Strategy
International Youth Development & Leadership Training
International Trips – Planning & Leading